While there are many books, trainings and teachings out there to help us get through life with as much grace and ease as possible, here are the seven simplest rules I’ve ever found:
1. Don’t regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it – make peace with it so it won’t screw up your present.
2. What others think of me is none of my business.
3. Time heals almost everything, give it time – this too shall pass. Always sleep on it to see how it looks tomorrow.
4. Don’t compare your insides to other people’s outsides. It’s not “apples to apples”.
5. Stop thinking so much about myself. Try and be “other-centered” instead of “self-centered.”
6. Figure out what I don’t like doing – and stop doing it.
7. When I find I am not in this moment (when my mind is either in the past or in the future) – ask myself, “Where are my feet?” (That is to say, if I know where my feet are [which is always in THIS moment], I can get to that place immediately.)